Monday, May 21, 2012

When Your Child Dies - Spiritual Support

When my daughter and only child Dawn died on March 28, 2007, I knew that I could not survive without my faith. In the beginning it doesn't help much because of the deep despair and pain I was in. Once time move on, I had to realize that God has a reason for everything, so l wanted to find God's purpose for my life now, and how my experience can help others. For me seeking spiritual support while dealing with Dawn's death has made rebuilding my life much easier.


As humans, we are created by God as three-part beings--body, mind and spirit. We mostly focus on trying to maintain our health and sanity when we're grieving. That is very important, but there is a spiritual side to healing, too. Surviving the death of a child is the greatest challenge you will face in life. In order for you to be made whole again, you need to address and rebuild all aspects of your life--body, mind and spirit. Once you find that balance, your healing will begin to move along faster. I know we will never get over the death of our children, but we have to find meaning for the rest of our lives.

Some of you may already have your hands full with a spouse and other children, but as an older single woman, Dawn and my grandkids were my life. When I lost Dawn, it was like I lost half of my life and my identity. Of course, I still have my grandkids, but I had to rebuild my life without Dawn. it's so hard, because I see her in them and they don't even know her. My granddaughter Ashley was 9 (she remember a little about her mommy), James was 1 and Michael was a day old when their mother died.

There is a Spiritual section on my web site. I hope there's something there that you like. Click Here to see more.

Peace & Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment