Sunday, February 16, 2014

Bereaved Parent's Prayer

Heavenly Father, please help me to deal with the death of my child. I am frozen with this overwhelming grief. I don’t understand why my life is filled with this pain and heartache, but I turn my eyes to You as I seek to find strength and trust in Your faithfulness. You, Lord are a God of comfort and love, and I ask you to help me to patiently wait on You and not despair. My heart is crushed, but I know You will not abandon me, and You have a plan for my life. Help me to accept this loss as part of Your plan. You came to heal the brokenhearted, so I know You are with me now. Only You can heal my sorrow. I ask for Your comfort. Though I can’t see past today, You know all things. Please give me hope again and show me Your plan for my life. Show me how to survive day by day. Show me how to make lemonade out of this lemon, and who You want me to share it with. Help me to be sensitive to Your leading and guidance, and lead me into my new life. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Find this and other prayers at http://www.grief2joy.com/view/prayers.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment